Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Girl's Weekend

At the beginning of November I packed my bags and headed off the far distant land of Kansas City to meet up with a great bunch of women from all over the country. It was originally billed as attending a Time out for women, but changed into something so much more - We held our own. It mostly involved great shopping and good eating, but also included some fabulous conversation and more laughing than I have done in a long time. Thanks to Lisa we all had assigned topics to discuss as follows (yes I copied this from her blog - did I mention I laughed a lot?)

Summary of assigned topics:

Lisa-how to tease your husband.
Kelie-how to stay skinny by eating only queso and mayo.
Tisha-how to avoid physical intimacy and still have kids. Tisha taught a class on schedules instead.
Jess-fashion of course (We are all in awe)
Holly-keeping your little girls looking cute.
Angela-getting 1000 things done every day.
Jessica Hammond-cooking fattening things and staying skinny. (Great cook)
Shelley-How to live in your dream location and get everything you want. (We're all jealous of Rosa)
Sarah-crafts for every occasion. (Missed our friend this time. Next time she better be there!)
Tammy-how to have twins and look like you never had any kids at all.

Here you can clearly see how Tisha and I feel about each other...
Oh wait, I do like her...




It was the first time I have left Matt and the girls for a whole weekend. I think it was overdue. Matt did fabulous and even managed to take the girls to Stake Conference by himself (although I never did hear about what was said - I think he might have been distracted). When I got home the house was clean, the kids were fed, and there were Welcome home signs on the walls. It was nice to be missed.

No comments: