Gingerbread Houses - This year I was so organized that I saved a big bag of Halloween candy to use on decorating gingerbread houses. It was fun, but messy. It is actually one crafty, holiday thing that I really enjoy doing. I just have to do my own house every year and let the kids have their own.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Christmas Events 2011
We kicked off our holiday season by attending the Festival of trees that our town does annually. This is the tree that our Relief Society decorated. It got 2nd place. I will take no credit for anything (because I did nothing), but it was amazing. These ornaments were all homemade. So beautiful.


Gingerbread Houses - This year I was so organized that I saved a big bag of Halloween candy to use on decorating gingerbread houses. It was fun, but messy. It is actually one crafty, holiday thing that I really enjoy doing. I just have to do my own house every year and let the kids have their own.



Decorating the Christmas tree. Our annual tradition - kids playing in the Christmas tree box, while Mom and Dad do all the work. Our children might feel bad if we decide to get a real tree. On the other hand, Matt and I wouldn't have as much setup work. Maybe next year...Mariah did help by reading "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."



A visit to Santa. I have to give Matt all the credit for this. I didn't even go this year. Our downtown goes all out for Christmas and has "Santa's Workshop" built downtown. It was cold, so I stayed home with Cora while Matt braved the weather and children to see the Old Man. Lindsay is not a fan. After she told me he was hairy and smelly. Everyone enjoyed the lights and going in the Art store.





Ruth's Christmas Concerts. The kindergarten classes put on a singing concert of many different holiday traditions from around the world. Ruth walked around for weeks singing the "Dreidel Song." Apparently once it gets stuck in your head you have to sing in non-stop for days.
Ruth
Her biggest fans.

Gingerbread Houses - This year I was so organized that I saved a big bag of Halloween candy to use on decorating gingerbread houses. It was fun, but messy. It is actually one crafty, holiday thing that I really enjoy doing. I just have to do my own house every year and let the kids have their own.
The primary organized lantern singing for the families at a care center (they also went caroling, but my memory is going, so we were late for that). Lindsay and I had a fun time making the lanterns. They are so pretty with candles at night. It made singing seem so much more special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment