Thursday, May 21, 2009
Dad vs. Cat
At breakfast the other morning I was telling Matt about a few friends who were "re-thinking" their dogs. I informed him once again that a dog is a LONG way off, if we ever get one.
Ruthie spoke up and said, "I don't want a dog. I love Cats. Can I have a cat?"
Matt instantly replied that cats make Dad sick (he is very allergic) and so we can't have them. Ruth argued back that the cat could stay outside (you could tell she had been thinking about it).
At this point Mariah walked in the room and said, "Or he could just stay in his bedroom."
I said, "The Cat?"
Mariah, "NO Daddy. He could just stay in his room all the time and we could bring him food and stuff that he needs."
Some days I want to be allergic to cats if it means staying in my room and having people bring me everything I need. That's about the only way we will ever get one.
Ruthie spoke up and said, "I don't want a dog. I love Cats. Can I have a cat?"
Matt instantly replied that cats make Dad sick (he is very allergic) and so we can't have them. Ruth argued back that the cat could stay outside (you could tell she had been thinking about it).
At this point Mariah walked in the room and said, "Or he could just stay in his bedroom."
I said, "The Cat?"
Mariah, "NO Daddy. He could just stay in his room all the time and we could bring him food and stuff that he needs."
Some days I want to be allergic to cats if it means staying in my room and having people bring me everything I need. That's about the only way we will ever get one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hilarious!
We have the exact same thinking at our house... all I have to say is, thank goodness Dave is allergic to cats also.
Hey if you ever want a little Cockapoo named Miley I could tell you where to get one!
I think you need a cat.
But not to worry some day a cat will adopt you.
cracks me up!
i too am allergic and so we can only have a dog--outside.
poor matt...
Post a Comment