
I took Lindsay and Ruth to the Doctor this morning. Lindsay was there because the doctor was concerned about her growth last month. She told me to feed her 10 times a day (meaning every waking hour) and bring her back to see how she was. Well, after trying to get her to eat even 8 small meals, I gave up and she seems to be doing very well eating only 5-6 times a day.
She is 17.5 lbs and 26 inches tall - way bigger than either sister at this age. So, I guess she'll be fine (darn doctors!)
Just before the new year Lindsay took her first steps. I wasn't there to see them as it was in Sunday School with Matt at church. However, since then she has done little else but learn to walk. She is all over the place and it is so cute to see someone that little walking along. Yesterday at the library she actually scared an old man when she ran away from him because he didn't think she should be walking. I actually prefer it to crawling because I can now set her down anywhere and she is less likely to put things in her mouth (but only slightly less likely).
With her new abilities she feels she is ready for the big leagues. You will find her wherever her older sisters are, as long as the door hasn't been closed in her face. She loves playing with them and especially in their room. Mariah even made a obstacle course under Ruth's bed for Lindsay to crawl through. Lindsay loves it.
She has also learned to clap her hands, give five, dance, and is developing her own form of singing (at least that is the only thing we can guess it is). She has started sleeping at night again after taking a month off and we couldn't be happier.
3 comments:
Oh what a beautiful, baby oh what a beautiful girl.
We love her.
Wow! She is really moving. No wonder you so great:) It looks like you get plenty of exercise!
Look at her go! Such happy smiles. Those cheeks and dimples are wonderful...
Post a Comment