Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Day of School

Mariah had her first day of kindergarten on Thursday. I'm happy to report that no tears were shed (hers or mine). Her teacher is Mrs. Webber and she goes to Two Mile Prarie Elementary School. It is a little school in the middle of nowhere (aka missouri). I thought Ruth would miss her more, but the joy of being able to have the playdough all to herself for two hours outweighed any negative feeling she might have had over losing her sister. Mariah is ready for school!

Mariah and her friend Hailey. They carpooled to preschool together last year and are happy to be in the same class this year. I think it made the first day easier to see a familiar face.

4 comments:

maren bosley said...

Seriously...how cute is that girl!!! Yay for kindergarten!
love you guys!

Mike and Melea said...

What a cute Kindergartener.
She is sure growing. She looks really tall standing next to Ruth.
Kiss my grandbabies for me.

KristiBT said...

wow. How did i just find you? Lucky me! Your kids are darling - Kindergarted is the best!

Natalie said...

I can't believe how much she is growing!! Kindergarten already?? You're getting old...I guess that makes me old too!! So exciting!